Sunday, May 1, 2016

Teach the Class

Teach the class

For my activity in the class I haven't finalized the exact activities yet but I have a clear idea of the topics I want to cover.

First I want to have a game where I will show a pictures of different snakes on the same screen and they will be numbered from 1-5. Then I will read out a name of a snake and each table will have to guess which numbered snake has the corresponding name. Each correct table will earn a sweet prize. 
This game will have 5-7 rounds.

Second I want to have an activity in which everyone will write "SNAKE" vertically down the side of their paper. Then in 5 minutes, I will tell them to write as many words they can think of related to snakes that start with any of the letters in the word "snake". The only rule is that in order to win, you need to have at least two words for each letter of the word. (So you can just come up with words that start with S).

If time allows I will have a passage related to snakes, and I will want them to find one example of figurative language and analyze it without using any words that start with any of the letters in SNAKE.

Video Clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkckhcqiwM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os6raCCmAFk

No comments:

Post a Comment